Sunday 8 November 2015

Penny swims in the Yarra

I gritted my teeth and let Penny swim in the Yarra today. The last time she did so was the day before she ended up in hospital with what was eventually diagnosed as gastroenteritis.

It has rained a lot over the last few days and I think any bad stuff will have been swept out into Port Phillip Bay by now. Also, Penny really feels the heat and has swum in the Yarra for more than ten years. With the predicted hot, dry summer coming, I'd like to know she can swim. Otherwise we can only walk at dawn, and that's quite a struggle to do. (For me. I'm sure Penny is more resilient than I am.)



She didn't swim for long. After fetching the stick I threw, she was very pleased with herself and content to carry it back to the car.





2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We are so happy that you got to go for a swim, Penny☺

parlance said...

Mitch and Molly, swimming is one of Penny's great pleasures. We're fairly sure her grandparent was a poodle, so I guess it's not surprising. People tend to forget they are water dogs.