Wednesday 25 March 2015

are probiotics good for dogs?

Penny's been prescribed doxycycline for her cough, so I wondered whether to give it with food. A site about human medications says having food in the stomach makes it less effective, but a dog-related site says always give it with food. Why does life have to be so complicated?

I'll play safe and give it with food.

Antibiotics destroy good bacteria with the bad, so when I take them myself, I use probiotics. I think I'll look around for a dog probiotic.



2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

Mom gives us probiotics. She says it can't hurt and she's hoping that in the long run, it's helping us out.

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

parlance said...

Mitch and Molly, I'll just pop over to your blog to ask her which probiotic she uses.