Wednesday 18 July 2012

dogs can extrapolate

Recently, my sister worked on a new quilt. As I walked through the room where she had thrown the work-in-progress across a lounge chair, it passed through my mind to wonder whether she should move it before Penny jumped up on it. (It was full of pins, so don't think I was worrying about the quilt, lol. I was thinking of Penny getting hurt.)

Penny does not get on our furniture. (Well, beds are another story...) She will jump up onto a couch of comfy chair only if her special quilt is lying there, ready for her.


I've heard it said that dogs don't extrapolate, that is, they don't use given information to judge an unknown situation. But in this instance, Penny decided that one quilt is like another. Sure enough, she decided to nap on the unfinished quilt


2 comments:

Lassiter Chase and Benjamin said...

Penny looks so comfy --- I don't blame Penny one bit for wanting to take a nap on it. (Mommy says its a cute quilt.)

parlance said...

Lassie and Benji, I think you modern dogs do like your comforts!