Sunday 21 June 2009

fun canine optical illusion

Penny stares at us if she wants something. Last weekend I wanted to watch "New Tricks" before serving dinner, so Penny's meal was quite late. She sat between me and the television and STARED at me for fifty minutes.

Today I received an email from Dog Trick Academy, with a link to a fascinating doggie optical illusion. Now, as if it isn't enough to have Penny staring, staring, staring, we've got a small paper dog doing the same thing.




It took me ages to realise the trick to making it work is that you fold the dog's face INWARDS. Here are two picture to help.
In the first one, looking from above, you can see the face folded inwards.





In the second, you see that you get the best effect by crouching to look up at the face from below.




The Dog Trick Academy clip on YouTube is better than my one!



And if I had only gone to their site earlier I would have seen how to fold it!

10 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

How very cool this is but you poor thing, Penny! We always know what time it is and we bug mom until our dindin gets served! We hate when it's late so we totally understand!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Angela S. said...

Great illustrations and resource! Thank you!

curator said...

He kind of looks like Courage the Cowardly Dog! (I love Courage.)

parlance said...

Maggie and Mitch, it's happening again this evening. Poor Penny has been in to nudge my leg gently, but she's not getting her dinner until our pizzas arrive from the shop. (She's getting a healthier meal than we are.)

parlance said...

Maggie and Mitch, it's happening again this evening. Poor Penny has been in to nudge my leg gently, but she's not getting her dinner until our pizzas arrive from the shop. (She's getting a healthier meal than we are.)

parlance said...

Curator, I'm off around the internet to find Courage the Cowardly Dog. I don't know him (or her?).

parlance said...

Angela, I thought it was fun and that's why I passed it on.

parlance said...

George, your site is great fun! I've been looking at all the great illusions.

Amber-Mae said...

That is soooo KOOL!!!

Smoochies,
Solid Gold Momma

parlance said...

Amber-Mae, my paper dog is getting very "dog-eared", lol, because I take it around with me and show it to people. I think it's such good fun.