Tuesday 16 December 2008

Nina Ottosson toys for intelligent dogs to play with

Hooray! The toys from Clean Run arrived last Friday.

The one toy I am really waiting for is the super duper Dog Tornado that my friend is bringing from New York. I didn't think I could afford the postage, so she said she'd bring it in her luggage. She arrives tomorrow!

And then Johann told me there was to be a free postage offer from Clean Run for a short while, so I ordered the Spinny, the Brick and Dog Magic. I ordered them through Johann's site. (Now that I know the toys are lighter than I thought, and come so quickly, I'd be keen to order more things in the future.)

I ordered them on the 4th of December, so it took them only eight days to come to Australia. I'm amazed. And excited.

The first one Penny and I played with was quite easy - The Dog Spinny.



When Penny was confident with it - which took about three minutes! - I added a plastic bone that makes the task harder. She had to figure out how to get the bone out before she could turn the Spinny and get the treats.





















Today we advanced to the second game, The Brick. We've only played the simplest version, so far.



When she is confident, I'll place more of the plastic bones in the middle spaces, to make it hard.

I can't wait for the Tornado - it looks like the hardest of them all.

8 comments:

Johann The Dog said...

So cool! I'm really glad it worked out that you could get them. Once you play with them awhile, I would be super interested in knowing your details thoughts about each one, the level of difficulty, etc.

So cool!

Woofs, Johann

BTW - Clean Run is a great store, isn't it :) That was the only time in three years that I think they have offered free shipping.

parlance said...

I'd love to do that. If I don't get back to you in the next couple of weeks, feel free to remind me, lol.

Misadventures of Widowhood said...

I wish they had those intelligence toys in the stores around here. I'd like to have Levi try them out before buying. They sound interesting!

his mom

Amber-Mae said...

Penny, you're so smart!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

parlance said...

Levi's mum, I know what you mean about trying out a game before you buy it. Maybe you could look on YouTube - there are lots of video clips of dogs playing with these toys. You could put in "Nina Ottosson' with "Youtube" in a search engine and see what comes up.

parlance said...

Amber-Mae, Penny is smart, but I should tell you she's not always obedient :-)

Slavenka said...

I wish they had those intelligence toys in the stores in Zagreb.
This is so cool.So only I can do
is some home work toys.

parlance said...

Slavenka, those toys are made in Sweden. Here is the website: http://www.nina-ottosson.com/

I think the best toys are the ones made of wood. You could get them sent to you, I think. They would be too expensive and heavy to send to Australia, though.