Wednesday 23 April 2008

dogs get a surprise when humans disappear into trains

Penny walked with two of her humans to the railway station today. She watched quite happily as one got on board and the train rattled away (our public transport system rattles in a twentieth-century way rather than glides in a twenty-first century manner).

Then it was surprise time. Where was the missing pack member? Obviously she had walked through the train to the other platform. Penny wasn't going anywhere till she solved this mystery. And she's very strong despite her size. So we went under the subway tunnel to check out the platform on the other side of the rails. No-one there! What an enigma! We looked up and down the platform, in the waiting room, then checked out gardens in neighbouring streets.

It was a slow trip back to the house...

Fortuantely, when Penny walked back to the station in the evening the missing human emerged correctly on the other platform and walked back to the house with us.

I think we'll have to accompany people to the station more frequently so that Penny can gain confidence that trains do eventually disgorge the humans they swallow.

6 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Oh Penny, I'm like that too. When my hooman B & mommy go to work, we follow along for a car ride. When both our hoomans get out of the car & walk into some strange building where they work, I get all panicky & think, oh no! Where have they disappeared to??? But after a while, I got used to it. I always greet them when they come back around 10p.m. Did you managed to solve your mystery?

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

parlance said...

Amber-Mae, She's still working on the mystery. We'll have to make a few more trips to the railway station to help her.

Lizzy said...

Oh Penny, I'm sorry, I just couldn't help laughing when I read this post!

I myself have finally learned where the humans disappear too, but it took me a while!

Hope you solve the mystery soon.

Sparky

Noah the Airedale said...

Hiya Penny,
We walk our pinky to the train station everyday. One time Willow got away from boy pinky and nearly followed D onto the train.

Hugs and tail wags
Noah

parlance said...

Sparky, I get the idea from reading your blog that you are pretty wide awake about everything your humans get up to, so I'm not surprised you have this 'train' thing worked out.

parlance said...

Noah, that Willow! She sure seems to get into a lot of mischief.