Friday 18 January 2008

the five random facts include two about my dog

Penny doesn't know it, but I’ve been tagged and challenged by Stacey at ispirato

Here are the rules for this challenge:

Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.
Share 5 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. (Well, I'll do five, but seeing this is really Penny's blog I'll include two about her.)

Tag 5 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.
Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
So here are five odd facts about me and Penny:

1. I once shook hands with Prince Charles. He landed at Coolangatta airport in the 60s and in those more relaxed days walked around shaking hands with children in the crowd that quickly gathered when word went around that he was there.

2. I've walked on a glacier.

3. I was sea-sick on an ocean liner before it had even sailed out of Sydney Harbour. (Yep, I was sick for the whole cruise.)

4. Penny might be a Tibetan Terrier cross. Or, perhaps she might be a shih tzu X maltese. Or, on the other hand, she might be some sort of lhasa apso. There's a rumour that her aristocratic parent met a cute guy in a Mcdonald's carpark. And the rest, as they say, is history...

5. Penny likes tennis balls.

I'm tagging two humans:

Slavenka in Croatia, whose jokes and funny videos lighten my day

Wayfarer Scientista in the US, who gives me the chance to experience the beautiful natural environment far from home

And three canines:

I was going to tag Amber-Mae in Malaysia, a solid-gold dancer, but she has just completed a similar challenge, with SEVEN facts. So I guess we can just read them and consider the challenge answered!

Sparky in Canada, a little dog with big dreams

Noah in Australia, who has just given his human family health scare but thankfully is well again.

10 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Parlance, you shook hands with Prince Charles? That's soooo kewl! I wish I can shake paws with the famous dancer in America named Rookie. Great answers there!

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Slavenka said...

Hi Parlance! Check my blog I have 5
and thanks this is compliment for me.Enjoy reading your blog.

Lizzy said...

Hiya Penny, so you like tennis balls too, eh?

Thanks for tagging me! I've also recently done this challenge, but with 7 facts, like Amber-Mae. So I'm not sure if I'll get around to doing this again, but if I have time I will!

Sparky

Noah the Airedale said...

Hi Parlance & Penny,
Those are pretty interesting facts. Thanks for tagging me to play this game. I'll have to have a think about it. Keep a look out on my next posting.

Hugs and tail wags,
Noah
xx

Wayfarer Scientista said...

hey! we did it! or rather, the Disreputable Dog did it.

parlance said...

Hey, Slavenka, I can't find them What date were they posted? Love your latest jokes, by the way.

parlance said...

Amber-Mae, I'm not sure you dogs like shaking hands as much as we humans do. But I guess if that dog is your hero it would be good.

parlance said...

Sparky, don't worry about doing them. I'll go back through your posts and enjoy the ones you already did.

parlance said...

Noah, I'll keep my eyes out for your facts. You're a very interesting dog anyway, so I reckon there are heaps of facts buried in your posts already - like those great bones that one finds in the ground sometimes.

parlance said...

Wayfarer, coming over to have a look...